Rainwater harvesting system should be sized to meet the water demand throughout the dry season since it must be big enough to support daily water consumption. The rainfall capturing area must be large enough to maintain adequate flow. The water storage tank size should be large enough to contain the captured water.
The advantages of using rainwater collection system can be listed as follow:
- It provides an independent water supply during regional water restrictions
- It provides water when there is a drought
- It can help mitigate flooding of low-lying areas
- It reduces demand on wells
- It helps in the availability of potable water as rainwater is substantially free of salinity and other salts
- It reduces the need for clean water in water distribution system
- It generates less stormwater in sewer system
Rainwater harvesting system
Rainwater first is goes in to the collecting tank after intercepting thick floating particles. Rainwater storage has two functions, first, precipitation for removal of rough sand and other inorganic particles; the second is the flow rate adjustment so that the subsequent treatment facilities can operate at the preset parameters. Rainwater then is pumped to a contact filter, before reaching the filter, coagulant is dosed into the rainwater. In the filter coagulated water is filtered by removing organic matter ,pollutants and other solids. Filtered water flows into the clean water tank by gravity; in water storage tank, it is sterilized by adding sustained disinfection chemical. Thus, the treated rainwater has reached the requirements for reuse, this water can be used for other purposes like greenery and water view.
To design water purification solution for your individual requirement, please fill the form to tell us the real water condition. If you do not know all of these, please help to contact us here.
[contact-form-7 id=”771″ title=”wastewater treatment”]